Only Today Matters! (see Topics and Drivel for yesterday's views).


Sunday, September 7, 2008

Get this started

Anyone who claims to be a writer has to have a blog, right?

I have been a writer in hi-tech for over 20 years, but I have been resistant to blogging. Lately however I have found some very interesting blogs by other tech writers and by people at tech companies. Also, the company I work for is thinking about starting a dev blog, which I might have an opportunity to help with. So I might as well get some practice in.

I am a technical writer at Software House, a company in Lexington, MA. Software House makes security products (hardware and software access control systems).

I am also a hockey and soccer fan, an online gamer, a father, a diabetic, a New Englander at heart, a centrist liberal independent, a lapsed Catholic, a heart patient, an Irish-American, Providence College grad and a curmudgeon. I like Guiness, jalepenos, the Boston Bruins and most other Boston teams, the Friars, the Grateful Dead, DKM, mythology, military history, movies, Chourico, wargames, and RPGs. I am also an old coot. I turned 55 this year.

I am undecided about the presidential election, with one exception. I am sick to death of both party's and pundit's attempts to slander every candidate, shamelessly.

I am anxiously awaiting the start of the hockey season, and I am today aghast to learn that my greatest fears for the New England Patriots seem to have come true. Reports are that Tom Brady might be out for the season after being injured in Game 1 of the NFL season. Yikes.

No comments: